Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An encouragement to clear the air.

Today, after much reflection, I decided it was a good day to "clear the air" and apologize for things I've done to hurt others, unintentionally. Even if you feel wronged, I believe that sometimes you have to suck it up and admit fault even if you feel like the victim. It's the mature thing to do and it's the right thing. Arguments occur with two people who feel right. That's a given, but it's how you handle the argument afterward that really matters. I'm going to repost two public apologies that I left today and you know, even though I haven't received responses yet, I already feel better. Life is too short to hold grudges and be filled with ill feelings. I'm not going to post names in these apologies because the people they are intended for will know and that's what matters. This is kind, sincere and from the heart.

I encourage all of you to do the same in your lives, whether it's your husband, a co-worker, your parent, sibling, friend, etc. Go make those apologies, even if you don't feel like you were in the wrong because no matter what, they're hurt and so are you. Maybe giving our your sincere.... yes, SINCERE apologies will make you both feel better. Remember, you never know if today will be your last day to say those things.

Feel free to leave your air clearings in our comments below and we will be a support system for you. Thanks for everything, you all are fantastic and I couldn't do this without you!

So for me...

#1 To E. -
I am sincerely sorry that I have hurt you in the past. Even though it was unintentional, I realize it didn't feel the same for you. and I'm dearly sorry. Please accept my apology! I, myself, am ready to move past any and all issues that have taken place and start fresh with unity (if you will allow)! Thank you for all of your hard work and your caring personality. You have wonderful ideas and I love your strive for a unified group. I look forward to helping you as much as I can in the future.

#2 To M. -
I'd like to take the time to publicly apologize to you. I overstepped last night and wasn't thinking clearly when I attempted contact. I know that we don't see eye to eye regarding the issue and that's OK. I should've taken things another route and that's why I'm bringing myself over here to sincerely apologize. I would never intentionally try to hurt anyone. That being said, I'd like to start over.... Hi, my name is Shauna and I also make dryer balls. Looks like we have similar taste and artistic flair. Great minds do think alike! Please let me know if I can help you with anything, as I'd like to connect and be resources for each other. Let's change this world one dryer ball at a time! :)

Keep Bouncing!!!

4 comments:

The Clothspring said...

awesome. This is very inspiring. I have gone through and apologized to people I felt I hurt in the past and it really cleanses your soul. Good luck!

Tara said...

Thanks for your post. It is certainly a reminder.. to us all that even when we think we are right.. even if we are right.. that there are times when the 'right' thing to do is humble ourselves with an apology. It's never easy..but the rewards are great!

April said...

Great post, Shauna! I hope you know that I have nothing but love for you and the other WAHMs out there. It must be incredibly doing business when your job is literally your dream. I hope that all of this is resolved and everyone can move forward and help and encourage one another. I know that I am here if any of you need a friend.

Trista Anderson said...

Hi, I am the newest follower of your blog and would love for you to stop by mine. I have a great giveaway up right now as well you might be interested in. ~Thanks

http://andersonsangels.blogspot.com